Tomato Avocado Salad
– an easy chop, quick toss and a squeeze of lime, this salad is fantastic!
For the salad:
• 2 cups of cherry tomatoes, quartered
• 3 avocados, peeled and cut into chunks
• 2 yellow peppers, seeded, cut into chunks
• 2-3 green onions, cut down the middle then chopped
• ¼ of a red onion, diced
• 1 clove of garlic, finely diced
• 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh dill
• 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh parsley
• 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
• sprinkle of kosher salt
• sprinkle of black pepper
• juice of a lime
1. Prepare all of the ingredients and place them into a large bowl.
2. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Squeeze on the lime juice. Toss gingerly to combine. Serve immediately.
Ham and Cheese Breakfast Sandwich
– extra tasty, you can serve this breakfast sandwich anytime of the day.
• 2 croissants, sliced
• 4 eggs, whisked together
• 1 tablespoon of butter
• 300 g of baked ham, thinly sliced
• 6 slices of cheddar cheese
• salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 275°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Place the bottom halves of the croissants onto the baking sheet. Divide the ham between the two croissants, clustering slice by slice into place.
3. Heat a small skillet on low. When it comes to temperature, add the butter and melt. Add the eggs, followed by a sprinkle of salt. Move the eggs about in the pan to soft scramble. Remove from the heat before they cook dry.
4. Spoon the scrambled eggs on top of the ham, dividing it evenly between the two croissants. Add a sprinkle of black pepper followed by 3 slices of cheese onto each. Place the tops of the croissants onto each sandwich. Transfer to the oven and baked for 10 minutes or until the cheese has melted. Serve immediately.