Need a curry in a hurry? This creamy Thai red curry recipe is just for you!
• 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
• 5 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
• 1 3-inch piece of ginger, peeled and finely chopped (about 2 tablespoons)
• ½ large white onion, chopped
• 1 150ml jar of that red curry sauce
• 2 cans of coconut milk
• 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined (preferably 16-20’s)
• ½ each red and yellow bell pepper, julienned
• kernels from 2 ears of corn
• 1 cup of snap peas, chopped
• ½ package of rice vermicelli
• 1 lime, halved
• 2 scallions, chopped
• cilantro, roughly chopped
• bird’s eye chilies (optional)
• lime wedges
1. Prepare the curry: Melt coconut oil in a large soup pot set to medium-high heat. Add the garlic, ginger and onion, stir, then cover and cook for 5 minutes until softened.
2. Stir in the red curry, followed by the coconut milk and bring to temperature.
3. Add the shrimp, followed by the peppers, corn and snap peas. Stir everything together, cover and cook for 5 minutes (you can use this time to prepare the noodles).
4. Prepare noodles: Place vermicelli noodles into a large bowl and cover with boiling water. Let the noodles sit undisturbed for 5 minutes. Strain and serve.
5. To serve: Add the juice from half a lime. Stir. Add a portion of the cooked vermicelli into the bottom of a large soup bowl. Add a few ladles of the curry onto the noodles.
Garnish with a sprinkle of cilantro and chopped scallions. Place the bird’s eye pepper on top if using. Serve lime wedges on the side.
Recipe by www.weekendatthecottage.com