Ingredients & Amounts
1¾ cups of flour
1½ teaspoons of baking powder
1 teaspoon of baking soda
½ cup of butter, room temperature
1 cup of sugar
2 eggs, room temperature
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1 cup of sour cream
For the Topping:
1 cup of semi-sweet premium chocolate chips
¼ cup of shredded, unsweetened coconut
¼ cup of brown sugar
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 325°F with the rack in the middle position. Lightly grease a bundt pan with butter and set aside.
2. Sift together flour, baking powder and baking soda and set aside. Place all of the topping ingredients into a separate small bowl, toss together and set aside.
3. Cream butter and sugar in a medium-sized bowl using a hand mixer until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and vanilla extract and beat on medium until incorporated. Alternate adding thirds of the flour mixture and sour cream into the egg and butter mix. Combine well.
4. Spoon a third of the batter into the Bundt pan and use a spatula to distribute it evenly. Sprinkle with a third of the topping. Repeat this process two more times, finishing with the topping. Tap the Bundt pan on the counter a few times to release any bubbles.
5. Transfer to oven and bake for 50 minutes, or until a cake tester comes away clean. Leave cake in pan and place onto a wire rack to cool. After 15 minutes, invert the pan onto a presentation plate, and carefully release the cake. Allow to cool for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Visit www.weekendatthecottage.com for more great recipes