There is nothing quite like a perfectly prepared Sirloin Tip Roast for the holidays.
• 1 – 3.75 pound sirloin tip roast, room temperature
• 1 head of garlic, thinly sliced
• 2 tablespoons each of fresh rosemary, thyme and sage, finely chopped
• 1 tablespoon of kosher salt
• 1 tablespoon of black pepper
• 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
Remove roast from fridge an hour and a half before preparing.
Preheat oven to 450°F with the rack in the middle position. Cut small holes into the outside of the roast and insert a slice of garlic in each. Place prepared herbs, salt, pepper and oil into a small bowl, stir together to form a paste. Rub paste evenly over the outside of roast before placing it, fat side up, on a wire rack in a roasting pan.
Place roast in oven for 15 minutes, then reduce temperature to 325°F and cook to desired doneness using a meat thermometer.
Remove from oven and cover loosely with foil for 10 minutes.
Slice roast and serve immediately.
For the complete story and video go to https://weekendatthecottage.com/sirloin-tip-roast/