Need a delicious snack??
Ingredients & Amounts
• 8 cups of popcorn, about 1 cup raw
• 1 cup of dried cranberries
• 1 cup of pecans, chopped
• 1 teaspoon of salt
For the peanut butter sauce:
• 1/2 cup of honey
• 1/3 cup of granulated sugar
• 1/2 cup of smooth peanut butter
• 1/2 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
For the chocolate drizzle:
• 1 cup of milk chocolate chips
• 1 teaspoon of coconut oil
1. Prepare the popcorn per package instructions and place into a large bowl. Add the cranberries, pecans and salt and toss lightly by hand.
2. Prepare the chocolate drizzle: Place the chocolate chips and coconut oil into a bowl or top of a double boiler and melt over simmering water. Transfer to a squeeze bottle.
3. Prepare the peanut butter sauce: Place honey and sugar into a small saucepan and set to medium heat on stovetop. Stir together as they melt; when bubbling, add peanut butter, stirring constantly until hot. Stir in the vanilla and remove from heat.
4. Assemble: Pour the peanut butter sauce over the popcorn mixture and toss gently until most of the pieces are coated. Transfer onto a parchment-lined baking sheet, spreading it out in an even layer. Drizzle the chocolate over and across the popcorn in an even stream. Transfer baking sheet to the freezer for 5 minutes to set the chocolate.
5. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container for up to 5 days, if it lasts that long!
Visit www.weekendatthecottage.com for more great recipes