Cinnamon toast with a twist. This cinnamon toast is perfect for your next Weekend!
For the butter mixture:
• ¼ cup of granulated sugar
• ¼ cup of dark brown sugar
• 8 tablespoons of butter, room temperature
• 2 teaspoons of ground of cinnamon
• ¼ teaspoon of kosher salt
• zest of an orange
For the toast:
• 8 slices of bread
• ½ cup of sliced almonds
• icing sugar for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 350°F with the rack in the middle position.
2. Place all of the ingredients for the butter mixture into a small bowl and stir together until well combined.
3. Lay slices of bread out onto your work surface. Carefully butter one side of each with the butter mixture, making sure the mixture is evenly distributed across the surface. Transfer bread onto a baking sheet, then into the oven, baking for 10 minutes.
4. Remove the baking sheet from the oven. Raise the oven rack to the top position and set oven to broil.
5. While the broiler is coming to temperature, sprinkle the bread with the sliced almonds
6. Return baking sheet to oven, watching closely. Cook until the surfaces of the bread are bubbling and the edges of the bread and the nuts are toasted.
7. Sprinkle with icing sugar. Serve immediately.