A beautiful fresh apple cake that is simply delicious.
Ingredients & Amounts
• 3 large eggs, room temperature
• 1½ cups of granulated sugar
• ¾ cup of vegetable or canola oil
• 2 cups of all-purpose flour
• 1 teaspoon of baking soda
• 1½ teaspoons of ground cinnamon
• 3 cups of Cortland apples, finely chopped
• 1 cup of chopped nuts [walnuts or pecans] or raisins or both
• ¼ ounce of semisweet chocolate, grated
1. Preheat oven to 350°F with the rack in the middle position.
2. In a large bowl, use either a wooden spoon or hand mixer to beat the following in order: eggs, sugar, oil, flour, baking soda and cinnamon.
3. Fold in the apple followed by the nuts, raisins (if using) and grated chocolate.
4. Pour batter into an ungreased 9 x 13-inch pan. Transfer to oven and bake for 35-40 minutes. Dust with icing sugar before serving.
by Weekend At The Cottage