• 1 cup butter, unsalted
• 2 Vidalia onions, chopped
• 1 carrot, peeled and chopped
• 1 yellow beet, peeled and chopped
• 1½ teaspoons kosher salt
• 1 teaspoon celery salt
• ½ teaspoon dried oregano
• ¼ cup flour
• 1 cup vegetable broth
• 3 28oz. cans San Marzano tomatoes
• ¼ cup half and half cream
1. Melt butter in a medium-sized soup pot on medium heat. Add chopped onions. Stir, cover and continue to cook for 10 minutes. Add chopped beet and carrot, cover and allow to cook for another 10 minutes.
2. Add seasoning and stir. Sprinkle in flour and stir, having the flour to soak up the liquid and coat the vegetables. Add the vegetable broth, stir and allow to thicken. Add the tomatoes, cover, reduce to low and simmer for 20 minutes.
3. Remove pot from stove. Use an immersion blender to carefully purée the soup. If using a standard blender, purée in small batches, and be sure to remove the central cap so the hot soup doesn’t burst out of the blender. Stir in half and half cream and serve immediately.