– moist and rich, this easy chocolate slab cake will be your new go-to cake recipe.
For the cake:
• 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
• 2 cups granulated sugar
• 1 teaspoon kosher salt
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• 2 teaspoons baking soda
• ¾ cup cocoa powder
• 1 cup vegetable oil
• 1 cup homogenized milk
• 2 eggs, room temperature
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1 cup regular or decaffeinated coffee, room temperature
1. Preheat oven to 350°F with the rack in the middle position.
2. Grease and flour a 9 x 13-inch baking pan or line it with parchment paper.
3. Add the dry ingredients in the order listed, whisk after adding cocoa powder.
Continue adding the wet ingredients in the order they are listed.
Whisk everything together to thoroughly combine.
4. Pour batter into pan. Tap pan two or three times on work surface to eliminate air bubbles.
5. Transfer to oven and bake for 40 minutes, rotating the pan at the 20-minute mark.
Bake until a cake tester comes away clean.
6. Cool in pan before decorating with EASY CHOCOLATE FROSTING. Decorate in the pan or use parchment to lift cake out onto work surface, then frost. Cut and serve.
For the frosting:
• 3 ½ cups Icing Sugar
• ½ cup Cocoa Power
Stir and then sift together
• 2 sticks of butter (room temp)
Beat in a separate bowl on medium for 1-2 minutes.
Add Sifted Cocoa & Sugar
Add 2 Teaspoons of vanilla extract
Add 4 Tablespoons milk
Beat low for 1 minute then add ½ teaspoon kosher salt
Beat on high for 1 minute