Cheesy Beef Taco Dip
A weekend favourite. This creamy, cheesy Taco Dip makes a delicious snack and is perfect for entertaining. www.weekendatthecottage.com/cheesy-beef-taco-dip
• 1-½ pounds ground beef
•3 green onions, finely diced (reserve some green for garnish)
•3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
•1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely diced
•3 tablespoons WATC taco seasoning
•1 8oz. package cream cheese, room temperature
•1 418 ml jar salsa
•2 cups shredded cheese
For the taco seasoning:
•1 tablespoon each: ancho chili powder, chipotle powder, chili powder,
onion powder, cumin
•1 teaspoon each: garlic powder, dried oregano, Aleppo chili flakes, smoked paprika
•Finely chopped tomatoes, avocado, cilantro and green onion for garnish
•Corn or tortilla chips
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Cook beef in a deep pan over moderate heat, stirring frequently to break up meat. Sprinkle with taco seasoning and stir together.
Transfer beef to a paper towel-lined colander to remove fat.
3. Place cream cheese into a medium-size bowl along with beef, green onion, jalapeño, garlic and seasoning. Stir, pressing ingredients into cheese to combine. Transfer to a 1-quart oven-safe baking dish, smoothing it out to an even layer. Pour salsa onto beef mixture and smooth it out. Sprinkle with shredded cheese.
4. Transfer to oven and bake for 20-25 minutes until bubbly.
5. To serve: sprinkle with finely diced tomato, avocado, green onions and chopped cilantro.
6. Serve with tortilla or corn chips.