To all our wonderful Patients and Friends,
Our Clinic’s COVID-19 PRUDENT PROTECTION PROCEDURES – Now In Effect
Chiropractors and Massage Therapists are front line health care workers as we deal directly with providing hands on patient care. We have always had to deal with patients that may have highly contagious viruses, such as shingles, herpes, other common infections and have been trained and use appropriate health and safety protocols as part of our regular routines. COVID-19 is a respiratory disease and to ensure your health and safety we have created the following new or heightened policies as part of our current clinic operation.
I want to emphasize that the risk to the public remains low and these measure will help keep risks low.
We are exceeding our usual infection control protocols to assure all who enter our clinic that we are providing all our front-line health care services at the highest standards of safety and protection.
Our First Line of Protection, is Patient Self Isolation:
1) Do you have any of the following symptoms?
- Flu-like Symptoms
- Trouble Breathing / Shortness of Breath
2) In the last 14 days, have you been near people showing these symptoms?
3) Have you traveled, out of the country or close to someone who has in the last 14 days?
If the answer is, Y E S, to any of these questions, PLEASE DO NOT ENTER THE CLINIC!
Phone Lesley, our receptionist, she will Reschedule Your Appointment, a Minimum of 14 Days from Now.
Our Second Line of Protections, are the following:
- Our commonly used surfaces are being SANITIZED 2x in during each practice shift. (phones / keyboards /debit machine, doorknobs and chair armrests).
- We have eliminated the KIDS PLAY AREA & ALL MAGAZINES (Cleaning them is impossible)
- The number of Waiting Room Chairs have been reduced and we have maximized the space between chairs for SOCIAL DISTANCING purposes.
- We are HAND WASHING with either soap and water or sanitizer between EVERY patient interaction and contact.
- We will be avoiding HAND SHAKING (Do not take this personally we still like you-lol)
- Our usual adjusting table and equipment cleaning has been stepped up, with SANITIZING between EVERY patient’s use of treatment table.
- We have increased the number HAND SANITIZERS located in the clinic.
- Hand Sanitizer supplies are SOLD OUT in Peterborough. We have more on Back Order.
- We are asking all PATIENT and FRIENDS entering the clinic to: Please thoroughly wash/scrub your hands in the Washroom before entering the Main Clinic, to help us conserve our LIMITED HAND SANITIZER SUPPLY.
With our COVID-19 PRUDENT PROTECTION PROCEDURES, in place, we are here to provide you and our community our primary health care services in a “Practice As Usual Fashion”. We are also continuing to accept New Patients and as always appreciate your enthusiastic recommendations.
We praise and support all the decisive and prudent Local and National Governments, Health Care Institutions & Agencies, Individual Health Care Practitioners and the Community’s efforts to BLUNT the spread and impact to our community and country during this COVID-19 experience. I am confident that by acting together in everyone’s best interest we will avoid the type of infectious spike and crisis that has been occurring in China, Italy, Spain, Iran and may yet occur in other countries who were not so proactive.
The best outcome 8-10 weeks from now will be marked by people saying, “What was all the fuss about anyway”. If that happens it will be because these measures have worked and erroneously making COVID-19 look like a “Tempest in a Tea Pot”. If so, well done Canada.
Yours for better health, performance and enjoyment of an active life,
Dr. Jeff Lustig B.Sc., D.C., C.C.R.D.
Active Chiropractic & Wellness Centre